Hi students!
From now on I'll be posting blog assignments and suggestions here. Please check in weekly for inspiration and ideas for your blog. You don't have to follow my instructions to the letter, but I hope this assignment will help you get into Vonnegut's novel from a slightly different angle.
Blog Assignment #2
Firstly, finish the remainder of Cat’s Cradle. Then compose a blog that seriously engages with an aspect of Vonnegut’s novel.
Begin your blog with a quote from Cat’s Cradle, then attempt to engage that passage by
· Pursuing something within the passage
· Attacking the passage in a meaningful way
· Involving yourself (or some aspect of your life) with the passage
· Opening yourself up to the author’s ideas
· “Turning on” an otherwise prosaic passage
· Committing to Vonnegut’s ideas
End your blog by explaining why you respond to Vonnegut as you do and include a series of at least three questions that could be fruitful for discussion. This blog is due on Tuesday 9:00 am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

" Told him Papa was dying in pain. Cancer of what. Cancer of everything"(185)
ReplyDeleteI choose this quote because it is different i believe from anyone elses quote. When I read this first i wanted to know why he said cancer of everything. What does that mean. Is he not loved so he has cancer of love, or things like that in that nature. I found couple of other quotes but this one is so different that you can intrepert it in many ways. I for example had cancer of english when i first came here. I thought i was never going to learn it because i needed to learn it quick and fast. I know it might not make sense to some people but having cancer of everything doesnt just mean medical as Vonnegut explains. I wonder how Vonnegut thought about it when he said cancer of everything.